We have been able to partner with artists and their teams, producers, music festivals, and record labels to provide learning opportunities, mentoring experiences, and hands on shadowing programs. Over the past four years, GBTRS has curated programs on tours, festivals and in the studio that have placed over 110 women and gender diverse music industry professionals in shadowing opportunities around North America. We have successfully curated 3 national touring programs throughout this time.
We’ve proudly partnered and collaborated with:
- Bonnaroo Music Festival
- Sad Summer Fest
- Atticus Clothing
- Doll Skin
- Danny Wimmer Presents
- 1824 at Universal Music Group
- South By So What
- iMatter Festival
- Triple 8 Management
- 80/20 Records
Our Programs Include:
- Roadie for A Day: Our most popular recurring opportunity allows someone interested in the touring industry to gain hands-on experience. We’ve proudly run this program on three North American tours including the Vans Warped Tour.
- Festival Immersion: A recurring program that allows participants a hands-on experience working behind the scenes. Participants gain the opportunity to be mentored by festival directors and work in a variety of departments. We’ve proudly partnered with South By So What, iMatter Festival, and Danny Wimmer Presents for Hometown Rising and Aftershock.
- Mentoring: We’ve been able to place young music industry professionals with experienced mentors to create meaningful learning opportunities.
- Intern Placements: We’ve provided numerous internship opportunities including internships with a Multi-Grammy Nominated Producer and Artist
- Virtual Workshops: We’ve created virtual learning experiences that provide unique opportunities to learn from established music professionals. Past workshops have featured songwriting, A&R, live event production, mental health, music journalism, marketing, and music curation. Featured guests have included: Cynthia Sexton (UMG), Jackie Winkler (Island Records), Pineapple Citi, Brittany Spanos (Rolling Stone), Brittany Hoydich (°1824 at UMG), & more.
One of our most popular recurring opportunities is our Roadie for a Day program, which allows women and gender diverse individuals interested in live event production to gain hands-on experience during tours with partnering bands. Past tours have included Grandson and Vans Warped Tour with Doll Skin. Watch our recap of two separate tour dates with roadies Aliyah and Laura below: